Holiday Shopping (ugh)

If there's one thing I absolutely hate and I mean strongly DESPISE, it's holiday shopping. The stakes are high, your time is limited, and everyone's running around like madmen acting like you're going to snatch the last Banana Republic olive green-crew neck-sweater-for-dad right out of their hands!

Here's a list of dreadful things about holiday shopping that you can look forward to this season!

1.    First of all, parking is absolute hell.

2.    Second, it's December, and in Minnesota that means it is COLD. You bundle up, and by the off chance that you happen to get your car to start in -30 degree weather, you make your way to the mall. Once you get inside however, the heat is blazing and you start sweating because you're wearing SO MANY layers and you're already stressed about gifts and now it's so warm that it is unbearable.

3.    You begin to subconsciously price-tag the people your shopping for; by that I mean you put them in order by price from most to least important.

4.    My poor college student budget means that my heart is more than willing to spend over twenty-dollars on a gift for you, but my bank account is unfortunately NOT.

5.    Tis' the season to hear the same Christmas song five different ways (in a row) and proceed to pull your hair out.

6.    Screaming. Children. Everywhere. (Especially by the Santa display, AVOID the Santa display at all costs). 

7.    Fluorescent department store lights, bad for selfies AND my pale transparent skin.

8.    Shipping and handling fees, for my savvy online shopper!

9.    Wanting to lay down in the middle of the floor and be trampled by mall walkers and just order online like you should've on Cyber Monday, but being the procrastinator that you are, not knowing if the package will arrive on time. 

10.    The migraine-inducing smells and scents wafting from every Bath & Body works, Hollister, and perfume kiosk that you desperately try to avoid, but alas, cannot.

11.    When you see a better (cheaper) gift for someone right after you finally decided on one in the last store. 

12.    WHEN YOU BUY THE BETTER GIFT AND IMMEDIATELY RETURN THE LAST ONE AND THEY CAN ONLY GIVE YOU STORE CREDIT!!!!! AGHHHHHH!!!!

13.    No matter what you purchase, you will always be wondering what they really think when they open your gift and say, "Oh my god, I love it!" Just smile and nod. Just accept it. 

So there you have it folks. Good luck, Godspeed, and happy holidays.